You have better things to do, like fishing, than to read this unless you’ve got a damaged rod. We want you back on the water as soon as possible. If you believe a defect in materials or workmanship caused the failure, you are the original purchaser of the rod from CHAOS, you have your sales receipt, and your warranty has not expired, then our Black and Gold Repair Service is for you.
Warranty Term (original purchaser only with sales receipt from CHAOS Rods)All E-glass rods-Lifetime, Composite and Vertical Jigging (Carbon) Rods-5 years, and Graphite rods-1 year. You must return the entire rod to us, including broken parts and components, freight prepaid and insured. Warranty excludes components damaged through misuse, abuse, or neglect.
It works as follows:
1. Write us a note explaining the issue and the circumstances under which the rod failed. Send note, a copy of your sales receipt, a check for $25 to cover shipping and handling, and your entire rod to CHAOS.
2. If damaged due to faulty materials or assembly, we cover the cost of the repair or replacement during the warranty period. In many cases, we rebuild your rod using components from the damaged rod you send. We will charge you the cost of any missing or damaged components. If we find evidence of an accident (including car doors, gunnels and t-tops, bridges, and footprints), neglect, misuse, or normal wear, then we will advise the cost to repair or replace your rod.
Signature Repair Service
We know not everyone registers their purchase with us and we know a few customers over the years that have hooked bottom and used their rod to try to pull free (and, yes this is considered misuse!). Above all, we want our customers fishing CHAOS for life. Signature service eliminates the question of whether your claim will be honored, how to get the receipt back from your dog after he has eaten it, and the uncomfortable conversation with a warranty tech who has heard it all before.
Follow these easy steps:
1. Return your rod to CHAOS at the address below.
2. Include a note requesting Signature Service.
3. Include a check for Signature Service, based upon the following criteria:
$90 for any CHAOS rod with ANY of the following:
- Roller guides/top or SIC guides
- Over 7'6" in 1 piece length
- Custom wrap pattern
$70 for any CHAOS rod with ANY of the following:
- Composite or carbon fiber blank
- Over 7' in 1 piece length
$50 for any CHAOS rod without any of above
CHAOS Rods ATTN: Rod Repairs
4301 N. Federal Highway, Pompano Beach, FL 33064